Music by Daniel Dorff
MUSIC FOR GUITAR
|Serenade to Eve, After Rodin for Flute and Guitar (9')|
COMMISSIONED and PREMIERED by Eileen Grycky and
Christiaan Taggart, West Chester, PA, April 1999.
- PUBLISHED by Theodore Presser Company (114-41023).
- OTHER PERFORMANCES include the Harris-Coates Duo at the National Flute Association annual convention, August 2001
- RECORDED by the Harris-Coates Duo on Barking Dog Records BDR022.
- RECORDED by Jenny Cline flute and Carlos Cuestas guitar, private label.
- REVIEW of Cline-Cuestas recording: "Serenade to Eve, After Rodin, beginning passionately lyrical and moving to an astonishing virtuosic conclusion is yet another great addition to the contemporary repertoire for flute and guitar. ” -Allan Pulker, The Whole Note
- REVIEW of Cline-Cuestas recording: "Daniel Dorff’s remarkable Serenade to Eve, After Rodin is nearly a conversation with Rodin’s statue. Its music alters in response to Eve’s changing moods. The work seems to say that being expelled from paradise is not the worst thing that can happen in life.” -Dave Saemann, Fanfare Magazine
- PROGRAM NOTES
Corrections to the first
|It Takes Four to Tango for Violin (or Flute) and Guitar ( 2½')|
PREMIERED by Mimi Stillman flute and Allen Krantz guitar, March 16, 2006,
last updated 11/12/17